Toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer. Will these, in themselves, prevent illness? I think we can all agree there. They are helpful tools, but only a small part of a good plan for staying as healthy as possible.
I have eight ways that can help you stay healthy, not just now, but going forward as well.
1. Washing Hands Plus!
Washing hands: water over hands, then soap, thoroughly wash with the suds 20 seconds, then rinse well. The next step is important Do not shut off the water just yet!
First, dry your hands with paper towels, then turn the water off with the paper towel and toss the paper towel into the trash can.
Wait! One more step! Have you ever wondered how many germs your newly washed hands are picking up from the bathroom door handle?
In public bathrooms, consider this! Use a paper towel to open the bathroom door (to protect against the germs from those who DON'T wash their hands or who don't wash them well). Then toss this paper towel into the trash on your way out the door.
Mind you, this part can take a bit of tricky footwork, holding the door open while tossing the paper towel. :) But I feel so much better doing it!
2. Keep TP and paper towels, as well as food, on hand at home, but don't stockpile it. No matter how much TP a person has, it won't wash your hands for you or help your immune system.
3. Carry a small bottle of sanitizer with you, in your purse or car. Use when needed, it doesn't hurt to take the extra precaution of cleaning hands after leaving public buildings.
4. Eat as nutritiously as possible to bolster your immune system. Eat fruits and vegetables of a variety of colors to get nutrients of many kinds. Drink plenty of fluids.
5. Apply a few drops of select quality essential oils to the bottoms of your feet daily. Many people swear by it, and have had some great results from using oils, so why not? (This is where it is important to note, that not all essential oils are created equal. Buying cheaper oils at the nearby store does not give you peace of mind that you are actually getting 100% essential oils in the bottles.)
6. Get in some walking or other exercise. Play with your kids and your pets. Take part in the things in life that are fun. Seek out humor and enjoy a good laugh!
Those positive endorphins are good for you!
7. Hopefully, you do not begin to have any fatigue or malaise, followed by fever and cough. But if you do, keep away from other people, to avoid passing it along. If you become ill, call your doctor's office for guidance.
8. Be grateful for your health, and all that you have in life. Take a few moments to reflect on this every day. Pray. A positive mindset is very powerful!
And, remember! Spring and summer are coming! Really. And what isn't better then?
Hang in there, and stay strong!
Til next time,